Aid for Veterans

Veterans and their widows or widowers who have significant expenses for a assisted living or a nursing home are usually eligible for VA benefits if the veteran served during an official "war time" period. One should go to the veteran's office to apply and be sure to have a DD214 (discharge document), marriage license(for a couple), death certificate if for a widow and a copy of your social security annual statement.

VA aid and attendance benefits for a single vet may be up to $1788, surviving spouse $1149, and $2120 for a married veteran.